Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hapi Mari by Enjouji Maki

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get back on track with this blog, so here I am. I've recently entered a relationship, which has made me read a lot less manga lately. It's funny how my relationships correlate to the type of manga I read! Anyway, I still decided to review a manga series I began reading a little while ago, which is why it happens to another shoujo one. It's also another Enjouji Maki manga, like 'Private Prince,' which I adored, if you you remember.

'Hapi Mari' is the story of the unlikely relationship between Chiwa and her arrogant boss, Hokuto. When Hokuto requests to marry Chiwa as a business agreement, Chiwa agrees so that she will be able to cancel her father's debt. However, Chiwa and Hokuto are completely different and neither knows what it means to be married. After moving in together to keep up appearances, Chiwa and Hokuto begin to fall in love, which makes the whole arrangement more than what they had intended. The whole series is really enjoyable and quick paced, but just sums up the love/hate relationship between two really immature people.

While 'Hapi Mari' can't really be considered an original story, as there are many with unsuitable random marriages, Enjouji Maki creates the usual humor, smut, and cute story lines that keep you reading for more. So far, only 15 chapters have been released on the internet.
Read it here: http://manga.animea.net/hapi-mari.html

Sorry for the short review this week! Hopefully it will be enough to convince everyone to read 'Hapi Mari'. I can't emphasize enough that it's one of my favorite series so far, but I also just love Enjouji Maki manga so I'm incredibly biased! :)

Best,
Pseudonymous Jayne :3

No comments:

Post a Comment