Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tamashii no Futago by Mitsukazu Mihara

Hi guys,

I'm back on schedule again! I've been suffering from extreme senior-itis these past few weeks, especially because I only have about three weeks left of school. I also know where I'm going college now, so all of the stress is pretty much non existent. I'm also getting used to the idea of staying in town for college, thus I'm feeling 100% right now. However, I have a looming last calculus test of the year approaching, but instead of studying some more I've decided to blog. It really is a great stress reliever!

This week, I've decided to review Tamashii no Futago or 'The Twin Souls' by Mitsukazu Mihara. The still unfinished series is about two lost souls who both died at the same time, and can only be seen by those who have a 'twin soul' somewhere else. Alex and Rita fly around surprising people who can see them, all the while inadvertently getting closer to each other while helping other souls meet their twins. Because only a few chapters have been released in english (six, to be exact), the back story on how Alex and Rita died is still in question, but we do learn that their deaths were under mysterious circumstances. Both characters seem to suffer some kind of amnesia that even they can't remember, due to the traumatic manner of their deaths.

I'm a huge fan of the art in this manga! Alex dons an old halloween costume and Rita is a little girl dressed in womanly clothes, which makes for adorable, but melancholy character desins. Overall, it's a great beginning to a manga that I'm sure will have a lot of twists and turns as it continues. If you like supernatural and dark themed manga, Tamashii no Futago is for you! My only qualm with the series is that it's a little confusing because of the non-biological twin concept. It takes a very literal meaning behind twin 'souls'.

Read it here: http://www.mangareader.net/1470/tamashii-no-futago.html

Wishing everyone the best,
Pseudo - Jayne :)



No comments:

Post a Comment