Thursday, June 16, 2011

'The Girl Who Leapt Through Time' by Madhouse Studios

Hi all,

So much for me keeping up with this blog. Well, I can officially say that all my prior engagements which took up all my time, are over. Hopefully I will have time to start blogging here again. I honestly haven't been reading very much manga or watching very much anime lately. It's been hard to keep up with my series and most of them are still awaiting chapters, so I haven't started anything new. Thus, I'm just going to blog about an anime movie I watched a little while ago and loved. Next week I'll have some new series to tell everyone about, for sure! :3

'The Girl who Leapt Through Time' was produced by Madhouse Studios and is a full length animated movie, made in 2006. It's been praised for it's graphics and beautiful illustration, which is all for good reason. The story line and art are absolutely stunning! Probably one of the best anime movies since 'Spirited Away' by Miyazaki. The story is about an average school girl, Konno Makoto, who mysteriously finds the power to leap through time. Initially he uses the power to gain selfish and silly things like the pudding her sister ate an hour before, but eventually she realizes her power beginning to fade. She also learns that her best friend is in love with her, which she at first dismisses his advances by using her power, going back and forward in time with ease. However, at the last minute she learns he is from a different world and that it wasn't by accident that she found the power to leap through time, while also seeing how her power doesn't just make life easier without a cost. She soon learns that changing fate can have huge consequences.

I really enjoyed this movie and was so pleased to have found it. I definitely recommend it! I was actually surprised it took me so long to find it when it's been such a noteworthy movie in the anime world.

Anyway, I've gotta run. Next week I'll something new to blog about! Sorry for the quick review.

Best,
Jayne :3

No comments:

Post a Comment