Monday, May 16, 2011

Say I Love You by Kanae Hazuki

Hi guys,

I feel like a total slacker. I haven't kept up with blogging on either of my blogs! XP I love blogging so much, but life has been beyond hectic. I'm officially out of high school though, so at least that stress if over. It's a surreal feeling to be gone from that dreadful place. Though, when I'm bored I find myself missing it... I'm so confused. Oh well, I'm going to move onwards with the review now.

'Say I Love You' is a manga series by Kanae Hazuki and I absolutely adore it. My only problem with this manga is that the chapters don't come out fast enough! I've been waiting for the latest chapter for about a month and am hating every moment I have to wait for its release. The series follows the story of Mei and her unexpected relationship with the most popular boy at school, Yamato. Mei isn't the typical submissive and silly girl usually portrayed in shoujo manga. In fact, she runs from her feelings and Yamato ends up falling for her because of her dislike for him at first. The two become good friends and make for an exceptional pair of awkward lovers. Mei is insecure about her looks and her quite demeanor, which she thinks will make Yamato leave her, but in reality Mei grows into a beautiful and mysterious girl that makes her readers and Yamato fall for her.

I'm such a fan of the art of this manga - it is beautiful! Yamato's hair and character drawing is so great. Probably the best hair I've seen out of all my favorite series. I can't write too much today, but I definitely want to recommend 'Say I Love You'. I've been wanting to review it for a while, but there were never enough chapters out! There are currently 14 or 15 chapters out now, depending on the manga reader you choose to use. 

Well, I've got places to name and things to do. I'll try to blog on time from now on! ;)
Best,
Pseudonymous Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment